Private Client Law focuses on a wide range of matters from wealth management and preservation, to wills, trusts and estates. It is important to obtain the right legal advice from both an asset protection and tax adherence point of view, but also to provide the proper personal and private professional assistance to persons of high net worth. We can provide assistance with taxation, the preparation of wills, investments, estate management, administration of estates to beneficiaries, and related dispute resolution/litigation. We can also assist financial institutions in their capacities as trustees, executors, custodians, and investment managers. We have exceptional people management skills and a thorough knowledge of the commercial law to ensure compliance across a wide range of areas.
We can advise private clients in all aspects of the following areas:
- Drafting of wills and trusts, assistance with enduring powers of attorney and guardianship
- Tax, estate and succession planning for individuals, and compensation and retirement planning for executives
- Estate and trust administration, including inheritance, investment, valuation and liability issues
- Charitable giving and fiduciary litigation
- Will contests, heirship determinations, guardianship contests, creditor claims, and trustee approvals
- Private trust company formation, and offshore accounts and trusts